This inexpensive and enjoyable craft project is something that you and your kids can do together – you can make almost any pattern or picture you can think of.
You will need:
- Large sheet of card, thick paper or canvas
- Craft glue
- Small paintbrush
- Dried beans of different colours – white beans, navy beans, kidney beans, borlotti beans, split peas, lentils, etc. Put a small amount of these in several containers for easy access.
How to make it:
- Start by drawing your preferred pattern onto the card or canvas – you can trace a drawing if you prefer.
- Paint glue onto one of the areas of the pattern, or as a border.
- Sprinkle one colour of beans onto that area, or place neatly if it is an outline.
- Use a ruler or your fingers to make the edges neat.
- Continue with another section of the pattern or picture and use a different colour of beans.
- Set aside to dry for at least 1 hour.