This creamy rice pudding is much lower in GI than its flour based competitors.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 6 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup Community Co Raisins
- ¼ cup Community Co Chia Seeds
- Small handful of pistachios
- 2 green apples
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 apples
How to make it:
- Rinse and drain rice well.
- Transfer rice to a pot and add 4 of the 6 cups of the almond milk and vanilla essence. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick and burn. The rice should be soft and fluffy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the almond milk, chia seeds, raisins and honey. Let it sit for 15 mins.
- Garnish with sliced apple, pinch of cinnamon and chopped pistachios.