Spoil mum this Mother’s Day with a delicious pancake breakfast in bed!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2 free range eggs
- Coconut oil or spray
- 2 tablespoons IXL Raspberry jam, warmed
- Warmed jam, toasted shredded coconut and yogurt, to serve
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven to 100°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour and sugar into a bowl. Combine coconut milk and eggs in a jug and whisk.
- 1. Make a well in the centre of the flour and sugar, whisk in combined coconut milk and eggs, until a smooth batter forms. Stir in warmed IXL jam. Set batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Brush or spray with coconut oil. Spoon a ¼ cup of mixture for each pancake into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles surface, flip and cook other side for minute.
- Transfer to the oven to keep warm, repeat with remaining pancakes.
- To serve, drizzle with extra warm jam, a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of toasted coconut.