Make the most of your veggies by using them to make a yummy vegetable stock soup base.
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- ½ onion
- 4 cups vegetable scraps like the ends of vegetables, skins, stems, wilted greens
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb of ginger peeled and sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary or a tbsp of dried rosemary
- A handful of parsley
- A tsp of salt
- 12 cups water
How to make it:
- Place everything into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for an hour.
- Take off the heat and take out all of the solid pieces with tongs.
- Strain into a bowl or another pot through a sieve.
- Portion into jars for the fridge (lasts at least a week) or use an ice cube tray to freeze for use later on.