Put a nutritious spin on this kids classic, packed with iron for energy.
- 500g Community Co Macaroni
- 4 cups Community Co Tasty cheese
- 3 tbsp Community Co Olive Oil spread
- 3 cups low fat milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 large broccoli chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 packed cup of spinach
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cook pasta for about 3 minutes less than the package’s recommendation. You want your pasta to be slightly firm. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and strain.
- Blend milk and spinach on high speed.
- In a large pot, melt olive oil spread and whisk in flour until thick. Slowly whisk in milk mixture and spinach.
- Reduce to a simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking occasionally. The sauce should start to thicken.
- Add pasta water and cheese, stirring until the cheese melts. Add pasta broccoli and peas.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 mins.