These delicious lunchbox or afternoon snacks pack plenty of nutritional power.
makes 12 bars
- 125g butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup natural muesli
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1½ cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup sultanas or sliced dried apricots
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Heat the butter, honey and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Cook for a further five minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared baking pan and press down with a spoon until evenly spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Cut into bars when cooled and then allow to cool completely before storing in a cool, dark place. These can also be frozen.