A Winter warmer guaranteed to get everyone enjoying their veggies!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g short-cut bacon, diced (Try Community Co Bacon!)
- 2 Desiree potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes
- 5 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Grated parmesan, to serve
How to make it:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and stock. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered with a lid and stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until thick and vegetables are very tender.
- Season to taste. Stir through parsley.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with parmesan and serve.