A delicious and heart warming pot pie to satisfy your cravings.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 300g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2cm-dice
- 2 x 400g cans Ardmona Rich & Thick Mixed Herb Tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry
- Milk, for brushing (If you’re in Victoria try Gippsland Jersey!)
How to make it:
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, until evenly browned.
- Add celery and sweet potato. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until mixture is thick. Season to taste. Remove from heat. Stir through peas. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC fan-forced. Place pastry onto a board to defrost.
- Spoon lamb mixture into 4 x 1 ½ cup capacity (about 12cm wide) greased ovenproof dishes.
- Cut 4 x 14cm rounds from pastry. Top pies with pastry and press edges with a fork to seal. Cut a small cross into centre of each pie. Lightly brush with milk.
- Place pies on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and serve.