Put a creative spin on a Christmas staple with these cute Mince Pie Pops.
- 4 sheets of frozen short crust pastry, thawed
- Icing sugar
- 18 ‘pop’ sticks
- 1 free range egg (to brush over the pastry)
- 2 pink lady apples
- 125g Community Co Organic Sultanas
- 50g Community Co dried cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ ground ginger
- Zest from ¼ orange
- 1 cup Community Co apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it:
- Finely chop apples and combine with dried fruit, zest, vanilla, spices and juice in a pot.
- Gently simmer the pot covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. You may need to add more juice to keep the mixture moist.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Using a small cookie cutter or small jar, cut out 36 circles of pastry.
- Place about 1 tbsp of mixture on 18 of the circles. Cover with another circle of pastry and press the edges closed with a fork.
- Whisk egg and brush over pastry.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Once finished baking, place a stick about halfway into the circle and cool before dusting with icing sugar and serving.