Show your appreciation for everything your mum does for you with these thoughtful homemade card ideas that definitely have the personal touch.
You will need:
- Coloured paints
- Thick paper – plain & coloured (for card)
- Pen/Pencils (to write a message)
How to make it:
- For very little ones: place their hand in some bright paint and press onto a plain card or folded paper. Wash their hands and then help them to finger paint in a green stalk and leaves.
- For older children: Get them to trace around their hands on a couple of thick piece of coloured paper, then show them how to cut them out. Glue them together to make a butterfly shape, cutting out an oblong shaped piece of paper to make the butterfly’s body. They can then draw a face on the butterfly and also add a pair of antennae.
- Your child can finger paint a large heart shape in red paint on the front of their card and then write a message or draw a picture in the shape.