This healthy take on a barbecue classic is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 tbsp Community Co olive oil
- 1 tbsp Community Co balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 3 hotdog buns (cut in half) *You can use whole meal rolls for an even healthier alternative
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tomato
- Community Co salt and pepper
- Optional: tomato sauce
How to make it:
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Slice each mushroom in half.
- Make the marinade by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard and place the mushrooms in the mixture to soak whilst you make the other fillings.
- Chop onion and tomato. Add to a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Grill the mushrooms on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Cut the hotdog buns in half and place each mushroom half in each bun and add your fillings. Top with tomato sauce and enjoy!
Top Tip: Serve with sweet potato fries – packed with Vitamin C for healthy bones and strong immune system.