Home-made Christmas gifts the kids will love to make.
You will need:
For the jar contents
- 2 cups frozen blackberries (blueberries or strawberries would work too)
- 2 tbsp Community Co chia seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
For the jar decorations
- Brown paint
- 2 googly eyes
- Red pompom
- Masking tape
- 2 long pieces of brown pipe cleaner and 1 short
- Red ribbon
How to make it
- Cook blackberries in a pot until tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir. Bring to the boil, then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can decorate the jar! Place 2 strips of tape around the jar, about 5-6 cm apart. Paint in between with the brown paint. Wait for the paint to dry and remove the tape. Glue on the eyes and pompom.
- Bend the shorter pipe cleaners in half and wind to attach to the top of the longer pipe cleaners to make antlers. Bend about 3cm of bottom of the long pipe cleaners into a right angle and sticky tape onto the lid of the jar.
- Back to the jam, remove rosemary sprigs before pouring into a jar. It’ll get thicker as it cools. Screw on the lid and tie the ribbon around the top. Use within 1 month.