This fresh combination of mango and salmon is perfect for a summer barbecue.
Ingredients for the Salmon Skewers:
- 16 bamboo skewers
- 700g salmon fillets
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
For the Marinade:
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, or 2 cloves pressed
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Community Co rice bran oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the Salsa:
- 1 large, ripe mango
- ½ large capsicum
- ¼ cup coriander
- ½ red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Community Co salt and pepper to taste
How to make the Salmon Skewers:
- Fill a bowl with water and soak skewers for half an hour to prevent them from burning.
- Chop all vegetables and mango. For instructions on how to dice a mango, visit IGA Family’s Mango Paddock to Plate module. Toss salsa with olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients.
- Divide the skewers into groups of two. Cube the salmon and thread 3 or 4 onto each pair of skewers so that each piece has 2 skewers through it. Top off each skewer with a slice of lemon.
- Brush the marinade over the salmon pieces and barbecue for 3 -4 minutes each side, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with the mango salsa.
Ingredients for the Potato Salad:
- 700g roast or steamed potato
- ½ cup Community Co greek yoghurt
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- ½ tsp Community Co salt and ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
How to make the Potato Salad:
- Chop potatoes into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.