These are delicious warm straight from the pan, or you can make them ahead of time and warm up in a microwave or oven. They can also be frozen and popped in a lunchbox.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- butter, to serve
How to make it:
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with a little oil.
- Pour a few tablespoons of the mixture into circles in the pan. Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pikelets. Flip and cook for a minute or two on the other side, until golden. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve warm, spread with a little butter if desired.