A wholesome snack or lunchbox treat.
- 3 small bananas (a great way to use up any overripe bananas if you have them!)
- 1 cup Community Co Rolled Oats*
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 Community Co free range egg*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line a 20cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add oats, tahini, honey and egg and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into slice tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 10 equal portions.
Bananas are loaded with low GI carbohydrates and vitamin B6, perfect for a mid-morning pick me up! Low GI carbohydrates provide slow burning energy, and vitamin B6 helps your body use that energy.