Surprise the kids on Christmas morning with these fun, festive pancakes!
For the pancakes:
- 600 ml Community Co Unsweetened Almond Milk (Available at your local IGA store)
- 150g blanched almonds
- 200 g buckwheat flour
- 200 g rice flour
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- olive oil for frying
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 punnet raspberries, washed
- 1 punnet blueberries, washed
- 1 punnet mulberries, washed
- Maple Syrup (optional)
How to make:
- Pour the almond milk into a blender with the vanilla extract, almonds, buckwheat flour, rice flour and baking powder. Add the banana, then blend until smooth.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. You want to make 4 large pancakes and 4 smaller pancakes. Use about 4 tablespoons of batter for the large pancakes and 3 tablespoons of batter for the smaller pancakes. Cook until golden on each side.
- Use the remaining batter to make 8 small teardrop-shaped pancakes (for Rudolph’s ears).
- To arrange Rudolph, divide the large pancakes between 4 plates. Place a smaller pancake on top. Position ears on each.
- Use a raspberry to make Rudolph’s nose. Use 2 slices of banana and 2 blueberries to make Rudolph’s eyes. Use the mulberries to make his antlers. Serve with any remaining berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.