- 1 ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup room temperature sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 115g room temperature butter
- 1 large free range egg + 1 egg yolk
- You will also need cupcake liners
- 250g cream cheese block at room temperature
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
For the Dog Decoration:
- 2 chocolate chips
- 1 raspberry
- 1 small vanilla cookie
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180c, and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Mix in sour cream and vanilla.
- With an electric mixer, beat 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, brown sugar and butter for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat until well blended.
- Add in ⅓ of the flour mixture, followed by ½ of the banana mixture. Repeat until all ingredients have been mixed together.
- Pour about ¼ of a cup into each muffin cup and bake for 20 mins. Once cooked completely, set aside to cool.
- Whilst your cupcakes are baking, scoop the cream cheese into chunks and add the honey and vanilla. Put the mixture in the fridge to set.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, spread a layer of icing over each cupcake.
- Glue the raspberry onto the centre of the cupcake. To make the eyes, press the tip of the chocolate into the cupcake so that the flat side faces outward.
- Cut the cookie in half and glue on the top of the cupcake above the eyes.