A healthier version of a Cherry Ripe, this slice is still deliciously decadent.
4 hours (in the fridge)
- 1 ½ cups pitted cherries drained (fresh, frozen or canned. We used canned)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp Community Co Black Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp Community Coconut Oil, melted
- 200g dark chocolate
How to make:
- If using frozen cherries, allow them to defrost and drain off excess moisture.
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate and coconut flour into a food processor and blitz until well combined. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy – this will add texture to the slice.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square pan with baking paper and spoon mixture in, smoothing it with a spatula. Put the pan in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a small bowl or jug over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- Once it is completely melted, pour the chocolate over the cherry mix. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the cherry mix. Return the pan to the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready cut the slice with a hot knife into 16 equal pieces.