The secret ingredient in this recipe provides a boost of potassium, vitamin C AND folate!
Can you guess what it is?
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup cacao
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 free range eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup beetroot, grated. Make sure you use gloves!
How to make it:
- Place almond meal, cacao and baking powder into a large bowl and get the kids to mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and fold these liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased and line 15cm x 25cm loaf tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 180°C, for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares.