A sweet lunchbox treat or afternoon tea
Easy (Mandarin butterfly can be tricky)
- 4 mandarins peeled (seedless will be best)
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup oats
- 1/2 Cup chopped dates
- Mandarin segments for decoration
Greek Yogurt Frosting
- Community Co Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients.
- Use a spoon to spread onto muffins.
How to make it:
- Peel and remove the mandarin seeds, chop the dates.
- In a food processor, process the oats into a fine bran. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Place mandarin in a food processor with the egg, maple syrup and olive oil. Transfer into the bowl with the oat bran.
- Pour in liquid ingredients and stir to combine. Gently stir in chopped dates.
- Spoon into greased muffin trays and bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.