Get creative with your leftover egg cartons!
You will need:
- An egg carton
- Googley eyes
How to make it
To make a turtle
- Cut out an eggcup, and then cut it in half. Paint it green and let it dry.
- Draw little squares with a lighter green paint.
- Meanwhile, cut a dark green pipe cleaner into 4 equal sized pieces for the legs.
- Glue a green, medium-sized pompom onto the flat side of the eggcup. Glue on 2 medium size googley eyes.
- Glue the legs onto the long, straight edges of the eggcup. Let it dry over night.
To make an octopus
- Cut out an eggcup and paint it red.
- Cut out 8 long, even pieces of red pipe cleaner and form a curl at one end.
- When the paint is dry, glue 2 large googley eyes to the front of the egg up, and glue 4 of the pipe cleaners onto each side to make the legs. Let it dry overnight.
To make a penguin
- Cut out an eggcup, and paint it black, except a strip in the middle. Paint that white.
- In orange felt, cut out a triangle shape for the beak, and 2 oval shapes for the feet.
- When the paint is dry, glue on two small googley eyes and the beak, then the feet.
- Set aside to dry overnight.
To make a whale (Note – we used a blue egg carton!)
- Cut out one of the egg cups and 2 teardrop shapes and a tail shape out of the lid of the egg carton.
- First, glue one tear-drop shape to each side of the egg cup, then the googley eyes.
- As mum or dad to make a cut at the top of the egg cup.
- Cut a blue and a white pipe cleaner in half. Bend each pipe cleaner in half again, and create a curl at the tops. Insert both pipe cleaners into the cut you made at the top of the egg cup.
- Now glue the tail onto the bottom.
- Set aside overnight to dry overnight.