This dessert is perfect for a summer evening or to give as a gift to a loved one.
- Seasonal fruit of your choice. We like mango, passionfruit and blueberries
- Mint leaves for decoration
- 6 recycled jars, washed out and dried
- 6 pieces of ribbon
- For the meringue
- 180g caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cup cream
- 1 tsp honey
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl using an electric whisk until stiff peaks form, then slowly add in the sugar, one spoonful at a time.
- Spread the mixture thinly over the baking tray and bake for an hour.
- Whilst the meringue is baking, whip the cream with a teaspoon of honey
- Tie ribbon around the jars.
- Take the meringue out of the oven and let it cool before breaking into pieces. Get the kids to help you assemble the dessert by roughly layering the cream, fruit and and meringue in the jar. Top with more meringue, fruit and mint leaves.
Top tip: Use Free Range Eggs, they contain more than twice the Vitamin D, essential for strong bones and muscles