Get creative with your left over rice.
- 1 cup left over brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 corn cobs
- 1-2 carrots
- 10 button mushrooms (small pack)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- Community Co Olive Oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
How to make it:
- Quarter button mushrooms.
- Boil corn cobs and slice off corn kernals.
- Finely slice the onion, chop carrots and capsicum (try and make the same size as the peas).
- Sautee the onion in olive oil, then add carrots, mushrooms, capsicum, peas, corn kernals.
- Put cooked veggies to the side – mix in sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and scramble eggs, cooking them most of the way through.
- Mix in veggies.
Top Tip: Try and use leftovers in your meals at least once a week to help reduce food waste.