Gingerbread men are fun and yummy year round
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground tumeric
For the cookies
- 1 ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp spice mix
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pinch of salt
- 50g melted Community Co Butter Blend Spread
- 30g low fat milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
For the icing
- 1 Egg white
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups of icing sugar
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 150c, and sift spices, flour, bicarbonate soda and salt into a large bowl. Gently stir.
- In a food processor pulse melted butter, milk and maple syrup.
- Mix wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. If the dough is too wet, add a little more flour.
- Roll into a ball and place onto baking paper. Place in fridge for 30 – 60 mins.
- Place dough between 2 pieces of baking paper and roll into a sheet 2-3mm thick.
- Cut shapes with a cookie cutter, then place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 mins.
- Leave on the tray until completely cooled.
- Whisk egg and lemon together.
- Whisk in the sifted icing sugar a bit at a time.
- Spread the icing over the cookies.