These delicious savoury pancakes are packed with fibre and nutrients.
- ½ cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, white part thinly sliced (reserve the green part for garnish)
- 4 Community Co free range eggs (Community Co products proudly at home at IGA)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Oil for frying
- To serve, your choice of:
- BBQ sauce
- Kecap manis
- Crispy shallots
- Nori, finely sliced/shredded
How to make:
- Put cabbage, spring onion, egg, soy sauce, flour and water in a bowl and mix well to combine, creating the okonomiyaki mixture.
- Heat a frypan over a low to medium heat and add a splash of oil for frying.
- Tip ¼ of the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan and use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2 cm thick. Take your time cooking it – it’s thick and you don’t want raw mixture in the middle. When golden brown on the bottom, carefully flip and cook the other side until golden too.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm in a low oven while you cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Top with your choice of condiments, slice into wedges and enjoy!