Pesto is the perfect way to boost your kids’ nutrition in a healthy and yummy way
10 – 12 serves
- 85g Community Co Pine Nuts
- 85g Community Co Parmesan Cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 85g kale
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Pasta to serve. We used Community Co Pasta Shells
- You’ll also need a blender!
How to make it:
- Toast the pine nuts. To do this, all you have to do is place them in a dry pan (you don’t need oil) and toast on medium to low heat for 3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Place them in a bowl to cool. Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need to chop the kale into smaller pieces. You can do that now.
- Once the pine nuts have cooled a little, place all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- The kids can pour the sauce over cooked spaghetti