Any one can be a rockstar with these fun home made guitars.
You will need:
- An old cereal box
- Sticky tape
- Long cardboard tube, such as from a wrapping paper roll
- 6 x 30cm lengths of string
- Craft glue
- Paddlepop sticks
- Long piece of ribbon or woven strap
How to make it:
- Glue both ends of your empty box back in place.
- Using the cardboard tube as a guide, trace a circle at each end of the box and then cut them out.
- Draw a large circle on the main side of the box and cut it out.
- Thread six strings across the guitar hole, using the point of your scissors to make holes at the top and bottom of the box and tying knots in each end to secure.
- Push the long tube through the two holes at each end of the box, leaving one end about 2.5cm from the edge of the box and the other end coming out of the box.
- At the long end of the tube, cut three horizontal slits and push a paddlepop stick across each one so that each sticks out evenly at the sides. You can tape these down to keep them in place.
- Stick a strap or ribbon to each end of the guitar long enough to pass around the back of your child’s body.
- Rock on!
Adapted from www.kidspot.com.au