The whole family will love this delicious creamy curry!
- 400g skinless free-range chicken cubed into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Community Co Coconut Oil*, melted
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cm cube fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- To serve:
- 2 x 250g Community Co Microwavable Brown Rice*
- Your favourite flat bread
- Community Co Greek Yoghurt*
How to make:
- Rinse the red lentils and place in a pot with the carrots.
- Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of mango and coconut milk and use a stick blender to blend into a smooth sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the dry spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mango sauce to the pan, then add the chicken pieces. Stir and cover. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Add the remaining cup of mango and simmer for a further 5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with brown rice or flatbread, and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Summer time is mango time! Using fruit and veg that is in season is a great way to save money, support Aussie farmers, and get the best quality produce.