Perfect for a healthy, hearty dinner the whole family will enjoy!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 20 mL olive oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 250g beef mince
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cobs corn, kernels sliced off
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- To serve:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 200g sour cream
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Rub potatoes with 5 mL of olive oil. Prick them with a fork a few times and place them into a large baking dish. Place into the oven and cook for 50 minutes until skin is crispy.
- While the potatoes are baking. Add remaining olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes until onion softens. Add in paprika and cumin and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in the mince and cook for 6 – 8 minutes until browned. Add in water and tomato paste, stir and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has been reduced. Stir through the corn and remove from heat.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and slice each one open. Pry the potato open a little and stuff the mince mix between the four potatoes.
- Top with avocado cubes, sour cream and coriander and serve.
Did you know that sweet potatoes are chock-a-block filled with beta carotene? Beta carotene is what we call a phytonutrient, a compound that gives the sweet potato it’s bright colour, and us, protection against free radicals.