A simple, delicious meal and the ultimate comfort food.
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g arborio rice
- 100mL white wine (don’t worry, the alcohol cooks away!)
- 500mL low sodium vegetable stock
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 heaped tbsp low fat ricotta
- 30g Community Co Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Olive oil for cooking
How to make:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the wine and stir over the heat.
- Add the rice and enough stock to just cover the rice. Stir the rice as it cooks, adding the remaining stock as you go, until the rice is nearly tender. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and ricotta just before the rice is done.
- Stir for a few minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove from the heat, add parmesan cheese and stir through.
Top tip: Save any leftover risotto and use it to make delicious arancini.