These polenta chips are an easy low GI and low fat alternative to traditional potato chips.
Chill: 1hr – overnight
- 1 cup Community Co polenta
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4-5 cups water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- A pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Pour water into a pot and bring to a boil. Pour in polenta and whisk. Cook for 15-20 mins, whisking occasionally. You may need to add more water if it gets too thick.
- Once cooked, let the polenta cool a little before spreading it in a thin layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Cut polenta into strips that resemble fries. On a separate tray lined with baking paper, place each strip 1-2cm a part. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Bake for 40 mins, flipping after 20 mins. If you want to make them crispier, bake for another 10 mins!