Eat a rainbow every day for optimal health!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 broccoli
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 cucumber
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ¼ purple cabbage
- 1 cup cooked quinoa. We love the white quinoa from Community Co
- ¼ cup Community Co sunflower seeds
For the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- ¼ cup water
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Set aside to dry off.
- Wash off any dirt and chop sweet potato into small cubes. You can leave the skin on – it packs the most nutrients! Cut broccoli into small florets. Place sweet potato and broccoli onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Toss with 1 tsp. of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, the kids can combine the chickpeas with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt.
- Place onto the baking tray. Bake for 25 mins, tossing half way through.
- Make quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- Chop cucumber, capsicum, cabbage and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, all you have to do is add the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Now the kids can assemble their bowls! Start with a scoop of quinoa at the bottom for a base. Then, top with the veggie, a swirl of the dressing and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds!