Packed with iodine, a mineral that makes your thyroid work well protecting you from getting sick.
- 250g sushi rice
- 3 tbsp sushi vinegar
- ½ medium carrot
- ¼ yellow capsicum
- Small piece of cucumber, skin on
- ½ raw beetroot
- Avocado (optional, makes it creamier)
- 3 sheets of nori, dried seaweed
- Salt reduced soy sauce
You’ll also need to use a sushi rolling mat
How to make it:
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet and allow to cool completely.
- Chop vegetables into thin strips. Note that you’ll need to peel the carrot and beetroot. We recommend cutting the beetroot last so that it doesn’t stain the other veggies!
- Place a sheet of nori onto the mat. Wet your fingers, and spread rice across ¾ of the sheet. Leave a clear strip of nori at the end furthest away from you.
- Pile veggies in a strip across the rice width ways.
- Using the bamboo mat to help you, tightly roll the sushi away from you, towards the clear stip. Brush some water over the nori to glue it down. Cut the sushi into pieces by first wetting a sharp knife.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients
- Enjoy with some soy sauce!