These healthy muffins are a delicious lunchbox treat.
6 mini loaves
- 1¾ cups wholemeal flour
- 1 ½ cups of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Community Co free range eggs, preferably at room temperature*
- 1 cup Community Co Greek Yoghurt*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Community Co Sea Salt*
- ⅓ cup melted Community Co Coconut Oil*
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 6 mini loaf tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey and beat together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the yogurt and vanilla. Mix well. (If the coconut oil solidifies in contact with cold ingredients, gently warm the mixture in the microwave in 30 second bursts.)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon until combined. Gently fold the raspberries into the batter. The mixture will be thick, but don’t worry.
- Divide the batter evenly between the loaf tins.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool before serving.
If you have leftover muffins, store them, covered, at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze leftover muffins for up to 3 months.