Served warm from the oven or lightly toasted, this bread is a truly scrumptious afternoon treat.
- 1½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 large Community Co Free Range Eggs
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 large stalk of rhubarb, finely chopped
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Cooking oil spray
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a loaf pan with cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Set dry mix aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer, then add mashed banana, vanilla and honey and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add in dry mix a spoonful at a time. Mix on a low speed until just combined. Fold in the rhubarb and pear pieces.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before serving.