A great dessert option the whole family will enjoy
For the filling
- 4 pears, Cored and cubed
- 4 stalks of rhubarb, diced
- 2 tbsp water
- 2tbp of brown sugar
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
For the crumble
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp margarine (we love Community Co)
- 1 ¼ cup muesli (the untoasted kind is the best!)
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 50g of roasted hazelnuts
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Core and chop the pear into small pieces. Dice the rhubarb into roughly the same size pieces.
- Dry roast hazelnuts in a big pot and then set aside in a bowl.
- Place all filling ingredients in the pot and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Place margarine and honey in a dish and microwave on high for 20 seconds
- Combine muesli, Hazelnuts and flour in a separate bowl, then stir in the honey mix, and mix until small crumbs start to form.
- Spread over fruit and bake for 20-30 mins or until golden.