These mouth-watering skewers make a great summer entrée or canape.
- 2 slices watermelon, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 200g halloumi
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Community Co Sesame Seeds*
- 1 Community Co free range egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 – 4 cups Community Co Vegetable Oil* for frying
How to make:
- Put flour onto a plate. Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Pour sesame seeds onto a second plate. Coat halloumi cubes in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then roll in sesame seeds to coat.
- Line a baking tray with paper towels. Pour oil into a large pot until it reaches about 1.5cm up the sides. Heat over medium. Add a third of cubes to hot oil. Do not crowd pot. Cook, turning cubes often, until sesame seeds turn golden brown, 30 sec to 1 min. Remove and place on lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining cubes.
- Alternately thread halloumi and watermelon cubes onto skewers.
- Warm honey in microwave, about 30 sec. Drizzle skewers with warm honey just before serving.