A clever, tasty way to use up your leftover roast vegetables
- 600 g mixed leftover roast vegetables, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips and carrots
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 small wholemeal buns
- 1 handful of lettuce leaves
- 8 slices of Community Co Tasty Cheese (available at your local IGA store)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Community Co Tomato Sauce (optional) (available at your local IGA store)
How to make:
- Mash all the veg well with a potato masher and season generously. Shape into 8 small burgers and chill in the fridge to firm up, until ready to use.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers, in batches if needed, for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until crispy and golden brown.
- To serve, slice the buns in half and fill with the bubble and squeak hamburgers, cheese, avocado, tomato, lettuce and tomato sauce (if desired).