We all know green veggies are good for us, and this recipe is such a yummy way to get them in!
- 3 silver beet leaves
- 3 handfuls of Community Co Baby Spinach
- 4 sprigs of green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 100g (½ cup) low fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- The yolk from 1 Community Co Free Range egg
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- Community Co Olive Oil Spray
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roughly chop silverbeet. Pour boiling water into a saucepan and add silverbeet. Cook gently for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and run under cold water. Transfer to a clean tea towel to dry off excess water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Spray a medium frying pan with oil on a low heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, ricotta, onion and garlic mix, herbs and egg yolk into the bowl with the silverbeet, and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray one sheet of pastry with the olive oil spray, and top with another sheet. Spoon half the spinach mixture along one edge of the pastry, and roll tightly to form a sausage shape. Roll into a snail shape. Place onto the tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture and pastry.
- Spray each snail lightly and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite salad for a balanced dinner!