Stuffed sushi balls make a filling lunch box treat
- 1 cup Community Co Microwavable Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced toasted seaweed. We used a few sheets of sushi seaweed (yaki nori) and chopped it up
- 1 ounce toasted almonds finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives divided
- 1 avocado
- Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
How to make it:
- Line a container with baking paper.
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to the instruction on the package and set aside to cool. In the meantime, scoop out the avocado and chop into small cubes. Toss with a little bit of lemon juice to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Combine the rice, sesame seeds, seaweed, almonds and chives.
- Wet your hands. Cup your hand, and scoop some of the rice mixture into the shape of your hand. Place a cube of avocado in the center press the rice in your hand around it to close. Place in the container. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, wetting your hand in between each ball..