Sweet potatoes are a great source of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp of your choice extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 large avocado
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Community Co sesame seeds
How to make it:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potato in half vertically, then in half or thirds (depending on how thick the sweet potato is) lengthwise. Brush your slices with oil and bake for 30-35 mins, flipping at the 15 minute mark.
- In a bowl, the kids can help you mash the avocado, squeeze the juice from a lemon, and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-7 minutes, depending on how soft you like your eggs.
- Take the sweet potato slices out of the oven. Spread on some avo and top with avocado, eggs and sesame seeds.